June 13, 2021: Parents of first 2, first 4, and 8 week campers, check out our Camp Arrival Plan to answer any COVID questions about arriving to camp.
April 19, 2021: Watch the Zoom recording of our Summer 2021 COVID Q&A. Or read the transcript HERE.
Prefer Audio? Listen to the audio of this Zoom recording on our Podcast.
April 12, 2021: Please join us on Monday, April 19th at 7:00pm for a discussion about Summer of 2021 with Camp Leadership and Camp Medical Staff and Advisors.
- Camp Leadership: Bill, Ryan, Steve, Josh
- Camp Medical Staff and Medical Advisors: Natasha Williamson, Brock Major II, Dr. Evan Hack
We’ll offer a general update and overview and then will answer your questions.
You can submit any questions in advance to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to seeing you soon!
This event will be recorded, and shared on this page for all to view.
April 3, 2021: As we get nearer to the start of camp, we continue to monitor the guidance from federal, state, and local health authorities to ensure a healthy, safe, and fun summer for your son.
Here is our plan as of now. Please check back to this page for future updates.
- Prior to camp, families will complete the usual CampDoc Health History, as well as any COVID related screening forms.
- In the weeks leading up to camp, families will limit their travel and community exposure as much as possible.
- All Campers and Staff must get a PCR COVID test 4-5 days prior to camp, to arrive to camp with a negative test in hand.
- For this year, parents will drive their sons up to camp (instead of driving them to Allston for buses) for drop-off. Parents will bring:
- A negative test result
- A completed Pre-Camp Health Survey
- All campers will be given a Rapid Test (results in 15 minutes) and have temperatures taken at camp before being allowed into camp.
- All campers will remain masked, distanced, and with your bunk pods for the first week of camp.
- On day 5, all campers and staff will be given a PCR test.
- Once all results are negative, we can begin relaxing the restrictions and begin to get back to normal camp operations.
- We will have tests available on site, quarantine protocols, and an isolation area if any camper or staff becomes symptomatic.
- Since we are only allowing two entrance days into camp (June 27th and July 25th), and maintaining a bubble with limited movement in and out of camp, most of camp will be relatively normal!
- We are adjusting to have as many activities outside as possible.
- We are sourcing the appropriate sanitizing materials and implementing regular cleaning protocols in bunks, buildings, and dining areas.
- We are encouraging all who are eligible to receive their vaccinations before camp begins.
February 28, 2021 (recorded on this date): On a special COVID edition of our Podcast, Ryan speaks with our talented Nurse Practioner, Natasha Williamson, about some upcoming protocols for this summer.
March 6th, 2021: We continue to be committed to having a wonderful West End House Camp season in Parsonsfield, Maine! Campers and families need us now more than ever! We have adjusted* our Sessions to have only two entry dates into camp: June 27 and July 25.
8 weeks, June 27 – August 21
6 weeks*, June 27 – August 8
4 weeks, June 27 – July 25
4 weeks, July 25 – August 21
2 weeks, June 27 – July 11
2 weeks*, July 25 – August 8
We appreciate the flexibility that our families have shown! Kids need camp now more than ever.
We are also working on a Parent Guide (coming soon!) that will outline the adjustments and precautions we are taking to make the Summer of 2021 a success!
February 4, 2021: We understand you might have concerns about how COVID-19 will impact the summer of 2021. We are working tirelessly behind the scenes to prepare for a safe and healthy summer, following guidance from the CDC, ACA, and Maine health authorities. Our ongoing Health and Safety Committee meets frequently, informed and advised by alumnus Dr. Evan Hack, a Pediatrician who also serves as a Public School Medical Advisor and Summer Camp Medical Advisor. We’ve also hired Brock Major II, an experienced camp nurse, to work with and support Natasha Williamson, our Nurse Practitioner. Please visit this page for the most up-to-date info as we get closer and closer to the summer.